Fear has always been a setback for many of us. It has caused many harms, many dilemma, it has been a friendly Enemy to us all but one thing most of us fail to know is ‘Fear is nothing but the absence of courage’.
Everything is a test in life. Defining moments like graduation, job, marriage, house, relationships, failures, and pain are daunting moments. Our conscious mind dwells on living up to expectations that society pushes on us.
Fear carries a great source of growth; a doorway to discover more about you. However approaching such tests with a negative attitude will have a detrimental effect on your health. The driving force to overcome fear is your ability to respond when it surfaces. To keep it at bay, live with passion and positive energy so you can prove to yourself that it was worth overcoming.
Here are seven ways of overcoming your fears:
1. Decode Your Fear The first step is setting aside time to reflect on your fear and embracing it. It can be a dark and lonely place and thrown around are a whirlwind of doubts and emotions. If you want to make it out, stare it dead in the eye and decide whether to accept your situation or do something about it in a world that is moving so fast.
Self-reflection and meditation is a remedy to initiate the “I HAVE TO DO THIS” moment. Write down what has been holding you back, elaborate on the steps that led you to develop this fear, talk to somebody that has gone through the same process. Face your fears face and it will start to lose its power, don’t face them and they become your limits.
2. Remember To Relive Look past to remember your previous successes. This will surge positivity into your life, strengthening your confidence and provide building blocks in overcoming fear. Fear is waiting whilst you prepare your onslaught of positivity so next time something bad happens it won’t hurt as much. Accept that going through rough patches is just a learning experience. You will realize that you’re more powerful than you think because many people are hit hard in life so don’t lose focus if you don’t hit your mark. I can provide many examples of famous individuals who constantly hit rock bottom but they never lost sight of their dreams. Relive because you are special and destined for success.
3. Your Actions Define You Fear exists as an imagination in your mind to prevent you from moving forward so you will worry about the outcome before you have taken action. Be patient because it feels rewarding when you evolve from not trying anything at all to putting in the hours of blood, sweat and tears. Sometimes the adrenaline rush gives an amazing sensation of a HIGH that you get after taking action. Use this to develop courage and belief in yourself that you can handle fear. It is in our actions that we grow as humans and where our abilities are not only tested but doors of opportunities are opened and new skills are created. I treat actions as experiments, slowly but surely creating a new you that learns from mistakes, failures, and setbacks. Let go of fear if you want to change.
4. Train For A Healthy Life The mind and body is your temple and what you take in affects how you feel. Regular physical activity is important because it improves several body functions. Hit the gym and use exercise to refresh and renew the mind, body and soul. *With every repetition say positive affirmations and make it your mantra. Fear can be built up inside and needs to be extinguished from the body so pay attention to your balance. Many other factors also play into part such as eating healthy and sleeping well. Developing your body forms a great barrier to fear because you become more resilient by learning to push harder and fight through the pain. The key to success is to focus the conscious mind on the things we desire not on the things we fear.
5. Ask For Help There is always that one person in life that you can go to and talk to about anything especially in times of hardship. Develop the courage to speak up and don’t fear embarrassment or rejection because you are not the only one. Therefore stay conscious of asking for help so that you gain momentum in climbing those hurdles and gain some perspective and guidance in achieving your dreams. Find a heart that will love you at your worst and arms that will hold you at your weakest.
6. Live With Passion Learn to dwell on positivity and appreciate life. Don’t pay attention to negative media, voices, distractions, illusions, and the doubts that fear presents. Work hard in silence and let success make all the noise, breathe in; and run towards your fear and fear itself will start running away. Fear is just false evidence appearing real. You will be victorious.
7. Purpose And Belief We go through fears because there is a special meaning behind them. All the events that happen in life are connected and the significance of them is the timing at which they happen. You will look back to see that each lesson came with a much needed message to prepare you for the future. The future is unpredictable and yes we do fear the unknown so learn to release being over paranoid and believe in yourself.
“What would you do if you weren’t afraid? Leave a comment below.