To tell you the truth, there are different versions of pepper soups in Nigeria and they all are delicious. You can cook this meal with different meat and fish. Right now, it is time to prepare yam pepper soup with goat meat. Are you ready? Let us begin our culinary guide.
Pepper soup ingredients
- Goat meat – 650-750 grams
- Onion – two regular size pieces
- White yam – 500 grams
- Pepper – use as much as you like in your regular meals
- Salt – to your personal taste
- Stock cube – two good-size pieces
- Basil – a couple of pieces
- Aromatic spices (it could be nutmegs, ehu seeds or ariwo) – a little bit
- Dry ashanti pepper leaves – two tablespoons (it is possible to replace scent leaves with this ingredient)
- Big pot or pressure cooker – 1 piece
- Water – several cups
How to make goat meat pepper soup
- Step 1. The meat needs to be washed before cooking. Make sure to cut it into pieces (chunks will work great). Take a big pot (better with a lead) and put your goat meat inside. Pour some water to be sure the meat is fully covered. Some people enjoy soups with much water in them. Others like the vegetables and meat more. It is up to you to decide on the amount of water that is perfect for incredible and extremely delicious yam pepper soup with pieces of tasty meat.
- Step 2. Wash onion. Cut it into pieces (minor or big, depending on what family likes more). Place them along with ehu seeds and stock cubes into the pot.
- Step 3. Begin cooking. Use either a good size pressure cooker (this is the best dish for cookers) or use a pot with a lead. You should boil everything for about 10 minutes.
- Step 4. It is time to peel the yam which should be afterwards cut into good-size pieces. Add all these pieces to your soup. Now continue simmering everything at low heat for another 30-40 minutes.
- Step 5. In addition, when you feel that the meat is nearly done you should take out the big pieces of onion. Those of you who love onion can leave them in the soup.
- Step 6. Now add some pepper to make the taste better and scent leaves to add flavor.
- Step 7. Leave the soup to simmer for another 4-6 minutes. Ready-to-eat yam and goat meat should be soft when you deep you fork into it.
- Step 8. You can serve the delicious yam pepper soup with goat meat with other meals. Enjoy the soup with your family and friends.